Friday night I got the new controls (buttons, joysticks, etc.) for my Arcade cabinet. And just in time – thanks to the really nice owner of arcadeshop.de !!
I didn’t yet build the new wood panel for the control panel, so I used some old piece of art(1), I found in our cellar and tried my first layout of joysticks and buttons to give it a little testrun. The panel doesn’t really fit right – as I cut it in quite a hurry, but it made the first really cold weekend a nice one. And playing with two joysticks can be quite some fun (Tala and Gui would agree, I guess).
1) I can’t find a picture of it right now, but it had a huge white ’6′ painted on it. People from Berlin will now what I mean…
After searching the Intarweb for nearly two months I finally decided to buy an old Zaccaria cab. The plan is to put in two new joysticks and lots of buttons, a cheap pc system that can boot off an usb stick, and maybe an iPaq. I’m gonna order the parts right now and hopefully I can start working on the project next weekend. Yay !! Cold winter nights, I’m happily waiting for you !
Generate tag cloud from slashdot (or other) news source, include pictures in relevant size and create a live, newspaper-like layout as clickable HTML page, downloadable as PDF, possibility to get by email.
Possible add-ons for later:
- Do something with comments (letters section – in the same edition: better than in the real newspaper)
- TV-Program: source: digg or youtube
- Music (tonspion or other site with mp3s found free on the net)
- Editorial (sources, stats, subscribers, etc.)
- Sports ? Nah.
- Cartoon, Sudoku, Crossword
- Customization by user
- Profit !!!
Alternate titles ? Anyone ?
I don’t remember where I found this. But it’s one of the most funny 404 pages up on the net. I like it especially for it’s subtleness. I really had to look twice.
Mal sehen wie ein Posting mit einem kleinen Bild aussieht.
Wie gross. – Wie, wenn man draufklickt ?